Work with us!
- Respond to incoming inquiries from prospective and current donors
- Process and respond to inquiries for verification of matching gifts
- Coordinate department meetings, including scheduling, agendas and notes
- Manage the MRF’s online store
- Manage the donation acknowledgement process, including weekly preparation and annual updates to templates
- Assist with annual workplace giving applications
- Work with database administrator to pull mailing lists, donor lists, revenue updates and data as requested
- Provide proof-reading and editing support
- Provide back-up support for the main phone line and Executive Assistant
- Other duties as assigned
- Conduct research on current and prospective donors
- Assist directors with preparation for donor meetings, including scheduling, logistics, briefings, materials, notes, etc.
- Draft donor correspondence including concepts, proposals and reports
- Assist directors with budget tracking and travel arrangements, as needed
- Assist directors with developing and updating website content for individual donors and corporate partners
- Assist event managers with logistics as needed (pre-event and on-site)
- Assist event attendees with registrations and donations; follow-up with event sponsors for logos, ads, etc. as needed
- Assist event managers with drafting and sending event email blasts
- Assist event managers and corporate relations director with developing sponsorship packages and executing benefits
- Assist board liaison with meeting coordination, including venue logistics, catering and materials
- Assist with logistics and meeting coordination for C-Suite special projects such as the Global Melanoma Coalition
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word and PowerPoint
- Experience using donor database systems such as Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates flexibility to changing situations and ability to balance competing demands and priorities
- Demonstrates ability to professionally represent the MRF and exhibits familiarity with Development best practices and techniques
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn and a desire to grow and expand one's knowledge
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time to assist with fundraising events and meetings
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of experience in a non-profit development or communications/marketing department
Interested candidates should submit one application with a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements. Please PDF documents and send completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Development Assistant Application.” Candidates who do not include all items will not be considered. We will reply by email to individuals that meet the requirements and with whom we are interested in interviewing. The MRF may also ask candidates to provide work samples.
The MRF is looking for bright, enthusiastic interns who have a desire to learn more about melanoma and/or the nonprofit world. Opportunities are available year-round, and may include positions in Education, Events, Communications or Development/Fundraising. For more information, please email email@example.com.