Work with us!
GRANTS AND CONTRACTS ACCOUNTANT The Grants and Contracts Accountant will provide financial, accounting and administrative support to the Melanoma Research Foundation (MRF) and its initiative the Melanoma Research Foundation Breakthrough Consortium (MRFBC). The accountant will work under the direction of the Controller of the MRF and Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of the MRFBC.
- Assist in developing and managing budgets, including development of the annual budgets for both organizations and for clinical trials and grants
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Review, analyze and process bills, working with subcontracted accounting firm and bill.com
- Provide interpretation of results; monitor and review
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and general ledger on monthly basis.
- Assist in establishing fiscal policies and procedures
- Maintain compliance with legal, business and regulatory documents and files for nonprofit and clinical trial entity
- Manage individual clinical trial (or grant) finance activities post contract execution, including tracking invoices, validating milestone invoices for payment, tracking receivables, liaising with subcontractor's database as appropriate, etc.
- Assist team in identification, preparation and submission of grant proposals
- Assist in contract process and timely execution which includes working the with lawyers and academic contract offices, to set up or renew contracts/master agreements between MRFBC and pharma/biotech, academic institutions, subcontractors
- Assist in development of templates derived from initial contracts as needed
- Administer contracts/manage contractual relationships and finances with clinical trial sites
- Proficiency with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office with a strong Excel background.
- Grants and Contracts administration experience. Ideally familiar with cancer therapy clinical trial design and methods.
- Nonprofit experience. Ideally familiar with compliance with legal, business and regulatory documents as well as management of multiple revenue streams.
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently but must also be willing and able to work as a member of a team, with attention to detail, advancing issues and suggesting strategy as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively with others, including supervisor, staff, and external consultants.
- Flexibility to work extra hours to ensure the work is processed inatimely, efficient manner.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required with a minimum of 4 years in related position in nonprofit.
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR INTERN The MRF is looking for an intern to work with our Miles for Melanoma program team to coordinate event volunteers. This intern will learn the fundamentals of volunteer management and community event planning by assisting the Miles for Melanoma Event Coordinator and through hands-on experience supporting 100+ volunteers. This is an unpaid internship located in our Washington, D.C. office.
- Recruit volunteers for Miles for Melanoma events through social media and local volunteer bulletin boards and sites
- Support planning committee in assessing event needs (water station volunteers, set-up/break-down, registration, etc.)
- Work with planning committee to leverage their contacts and recruit volunteers
- Act as liaison between event volunteers and Event Coordinator
- Respond to volunteer phone calls and e-mails in a timely manner
- Enter data to provide timely and accurate tracking of volunteer information
- Assist with the organization of volunteer information
This is a part-time internship that could potentially evolve into full-time. The internship length is ongoing.
- Experience and desire to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Strong inter-personal communication skills (written and oral)
- Community service/volunteering experience
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work well independently and on a team
- Availability, dependability, and willingness to be flexible
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and think strategically
- Non-profit Management and Event Planning majors encouraged to apply
To apply, send resume or CV to email@example.com with "Volunteer Coordinator" in the subject line. Please include a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and telling us why you are interested in this position.