Work with us!
EVENT COORDINATOR The MRF is seeking an Event Coordinator to co-manage the Miles for Melanoma 5k Run/Walk events with the Events Department team; assist the National Director of Events with other event planning and logistics management for the entire Miles for Melanoma program, Grassroots program and other events as needed. This position requires event logistics experience and provides an opportunity for personal growth and development in event fundraising. The willingness to learn and the desire to grow and expand one’s breadth of knowledge is highly desirable.
- Manage all logistics planning, sometimes with Host Committees, for all Miles for Melanoma 5k Run/Walk events.
- With Events Department, schedule and execute all planning needs for each MRF organized event including permitting, hiring vendors and coordinating volunteers.
- Coordinate all administrative needs for each event, including calendars, billing, and expenses.
- Work closely with administrative and data entry staff for accurate reporting and registration tracking.
- Maintain accurate data and reporting on the status of the events and their revenue and expenses.
- Maintain documents that outline MRF’s Policies and Procedures for all funded events.
- Work closely with the National Director of Events to ensure that all event guidelines and requirements are met.
- Make recommendations to achieve significant growth and efficiency of our overall Miles for Melanoma and Event fundraising programs.
- Assist the National Director on an ongoing basis for general development, event management responsibilities, and strategic planning as needed.
- Travel will be required, not to exceed 50% time.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to maintain a friendly, helpful tone on the phone and in emails.
- An eagerness to learn more about non-profit development and supporting melanoma awareness and advocacy.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Previous experience in Raisers Edge and Kintera/Sphere/Friends Asking Friends software will receive greater consideration.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, manage time and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently.
- Availability to respond to participant inquiries during and outside normal business hours; providing superior customer service at all times.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to travel for MRF events.
- Bachelor degree required, with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a non-profit environment preferred.
- Experience with peer-to-peer fundraising a plus.
- Equivalent combination of education and work related experience may be considered.
- Commitment to the MRF’s mission and the ability to communicate that commitment to event participants.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and work well independently
- Detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Strong understanding of social media engagement
- Advanced word processing skills, including proficiency with Excel and Word
- Prior experience in the public relations/communications industry
- A Master’s degree in Health Communications or a similar focus is preferred but not required (either in progress or completed)