Work with us!
If you are interested in working with the MRF but don't see a position available, please feel free to contact email@example.com
and check back here often.
COMMUNICATIONS INTERN The MRF seeks a part-time Communications Intern to work closely with and support the Director of Communications. The MRF Communications department spearheads all outreach to key constituents (patients, caregivers, volunteers, donors, physicians, researchers and more) in addition to providing marketing and promotional support to all program directors.
The Communications Intern will participate in a variety of activities including writing/content development, research, editing and social media policy development. This is a great opportunity for a graduate student who would like to gain experience in the health and patient communications field while honing their professional skills.
This is a part-time position and the schedule is flexible. The internship length is determined by project need and has the potential to extend into the fall.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and work well independently
- Detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Strong understanding of social media engagement
- Advanced word processing skills, including proficiency with Excel and Word
- Prior experience in the public relations/communications industry
- A Master’s degree in Health Communications or a similar focus is preferred but not required (either in progress or completed)
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and one writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Communications Intern Application” as the email subject line. A stipend is available.
The MRF is looking for bright, enthusiastic interns who have a desire to learn more about melanoma and/or the nonprofit world. Opportunities are available year-round, and may include positions in Education, Events, Communications or Development/Fundraising. For more information, please email email@example.com