I noticed someone below asked how to start a new topic so I thought I'd test that out. After I logged in I looked on the right, I saw I had the option of starting a new topic with my name or anonymously. For the record I'm not 3 years old but for now I'm using a VERY old shot of me as a young girl for my profile. I tried changing it to a cropped one that didn't cut my head off but once I saved my profile shot it didn't seem to let me change it so for now you might want to be careful what you upload.
Home > Find Support > Patient Community > MPIP: Melanoma Patients Information Page > Test post and answer
Test post and answer
"A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose"
Melanoma Quick Facts
Melanoma is one of the fastest growing cancers in the U.S. and worldwide. Consider:
- One in 50 Americans has a lifetime risk of developing melanoma
People under 30 are developing melanoma at an alarming rate – the incidence soaring by 50% in young women since 1980
- Melanoma is the most common form of cancer for young adults aged 25-29 & the second most common cancer in adolescents and young adults aged 15-29
- In 2009, nearly 63,000 people were diagnosed with melanoma in the U.S., resulting in about 8,650 deaths
- The American Cancer Society projects that nearly 77,000 will be diagnosed and 10,000 will die from melanoma this year
- Every eight minutes, someone in the U.S. will be diagnosed with melanoma
- Every hour of every day, someone will die from the disease