Got the results of my last PET scan. They noted a small (less the 1 cm) shadow on my right posterior iliac and ordered a biopsy. The biopsy confirmed a melona met on the bone. My onc is suggesting we postpone treatment of this for a mont or so, take anothe scan see what changes occur. If it is smaller or gone, do nothing. Apparently Ipi is noted for having a delayed reaction effect on mets sometimes. If it is the same, go in surgically and kill it with a hot or cold needle at the surgeon's recommendation. If it has enlarged or spread to other sites, then we are considering IL-2 HD. I am considered of good general health and good likely tolerate this treatment with high probability of backing the melanoma off.
Anyone else experienced a similar set of choices...how did it go for you. Also anyone familiar wtih IL-2 HD and its benefits relative to the side effects. How did you have it administered?