Complimentary/Alternative Medicine/Lifestyle Choices - any tips?

Posted By
12/14/2012 11:55am
View other posts by
Activity
Replies: 0

I just ordered the book Anticancer: A New Way of Life by David Servan-Schreiber after a helpful recommendation on another OM Cancer online discussion forum.  An excerpt mirrored the advice I was given by a woman at the lab that is doing my genetic testing:

"The first thing I learned is that we all carry cancer cells in us, even if only a few. But we also have natural defenses that usually prevent these cells from becoming an aggressive disease. These defenses include our immune system; the bodily functions that control inflammation; and foods that reduce the growth of blood vessels needed by tumors."

I also have a stack of Kris Carr books.  As much as I find her peppy cheerefulness a bit draining, (this is all too new to me to think of anything about Cancer to be 'Sexy' quite honestly).  But skimming one of the books...I am warming to her.  I'd love to focus my energies more and find all this reading and researching is making my cancer diagnosis take up 90% of my life (with the other 10% trying to figure out how in the world we are going to AFFORD all these medical costs.)  Has anyone else read and benefitted from any of these "Crazy, Sexy, Cancer" series?  THANKS!!  Sue from CT