My husband has had om mets to liver since dec., 2010. He's had resection, ablation, yervoy and gm-csf trial, y-90. Last scan after y-90 showed bone mets and increased size of liver mets and new liver mets. How long does yervoy have effect on tumors? How long does it take for y-90 to show results? is 2 1/2 months too soon? Worried what to do next.. Husband still feels good. We have appt. at vanderbilt next week to discuss temozolomide vs. AZD-6244 and @ the end of month @ moffitt to talk about anti-pd-1. Anyone with experience in these drugs that could give us some pointers would be appreciated. Really feeling a little lost at present. Margaret
Home > Find Support > Patient Community > CURE OM Forum > what next for ocular mets to liver and bone?
what next for ocular mets to liver and bone?
Melanoma Quick Facts
Melanoma is one of the fastest growing cancers in the U.S. and worldwide. Consider:
- One in 50 Americans has a lifetime risk of developing melanoma
People under 30 are developing melanoma at an alarming rate – the incidence soaring by 50% in young women since 1980
- Melanoma is the most common form of cancer for young adults aged 25-29 & the second most common cancer in adolescents and young adults aged 15-29
- In 2009, nearly 63,000 people were diagnosed with melanoma in the U.S., resulting in about 8,650 deaths
- The American Cancer Society projects that nearly 77,000 will be diagnosed and 10,000 will die from melanoma this year
- Every eight minutes, someone in the U.S. will be diagnosed with melanoma
- Every hour of every day, someone will die from the disease