MRF Forum Posting Policies
The MRF developed the melanoma forums to provide you, the patient or caregiver, a space to share your experience, ask questions, and find a network of people who are being proactive in their desire to find answers without going it alone. As such, the MRF has developed a set of policies to help foster discussion in a positive, inclusive, and informative way.
To make the bulletin board a friendly and inviting place to learn, share and meet new people, the MRF encourages you to:
- Welcome new members to the MRF community
- Check in on other members
- Be considerate when sharing your opinion. Stay on topic, and refrain from making comments directed at a particular individual or group
- Ask questions to get to know people and to learn more about their condition
- Keep your profile up-to-date. To update your profile, click on your username on the top-right corner of the site to modify your profile
- Share your personal experiences without giving medical advice
- Share your feedback with us! Tell us your ideas for potential enhancements, questions and comments
Forum Code of Conduct
This community was formed to bring together those who have been touched by melanoma. The primary goal is to provide positive support and information to people who are facing a difficult time in their lives.
To that end, posts that are in violation of any of the below will be removed:
- No personal attacks of any kind
- No slanderous posts impugning the character or ability of any health care provider
- No slanderous posts impugning the care received or service provided by any health care institution
- No abusive or obscene language
- No commercial posts of any kind
Please note: MRF reserves the right to revoke posting permissions of users who repeatedly violate the code of conduct.