Want tips on how to lobby your members of Congress? Have you thought about organizing a fundraising event, but don't know where to begin? Do you want to connect with others in the melanoma community and find ways to enhance your already terrific volunteer skills? Register for our second annual National Volunteer Summit being held August 16-17 in Washington, D.C.!
This FREE event consists of two full days of engaging speakers, interactive workshops and networking opportunities. It's designed to inspire and energize volunteer leaders of all backgrounds and abilities.
Workshops will include:
- Advocacy 101--An introduction to lobbying Congress
- Working with the Media--Learn tips on how to work with local media outlets
- Social Media 101--Learn how to use Facebook, Twitter, etc. to promote your event
- Become an MRF Certified Melanoma Educator--NEW VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY!
- Event Organizing--Our Miles for Melanoma team will show you how to get started
- Sponsorships--Learn how to solicit local businesses for sponsorships
- Oncology Legislation: What's Happening on Capitol Hill? --JUST ADDED TO THE AGENDA!
The deadline to register is COB Friday, August 1st.
Email Mary Antonucci, Director of Advocacy & Volunteer Services with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org