What is Miles for Melanoma?
Miles for Melanoma is a series of events that allow participants to support and raise funds for the MRF by taking part in any athletic activity they choose. Miles for Melanoma events take place across the United States and are hosted by many generous volunteers.
Funds raised by Miles for Melanoma runners, cyclists, swimmers, walkers, skiers — even kayakers — support the melanoma research that’s zeroing in on important breakthroughs that people fighting melanoma so desperately need.
You may not be a doctor or a researcher, but you don’t need a Ph.D. to join or organize a Miles for Melanoma event in your area. It’s easy — simply run, bike, swim or even kayak your way toward funding the next treatment breakthrough!
How Can You Get Involved?
- Register for one of the many Miles for Melanoma 5k Run/Walk events around the country or browse through all our events by visiting our events calendar.
- Fundraise for Miles for Melanoma at any Individual Event of your choice.
- Register for the Miles for Melanoma Triathlon Program and race for free.
- Host or create your own fundraising event or activity .
Why Join the Fight Against Melanoma?
- Melanoma is the fastest-growing cancer in the world, especially in people under 35 and among young women.
- Every year, approximately 77,000 people in the United States are diagnosed with melanoma, and over 9,000 patients succumb to the disease.
- In the United States, someone is diagnosed with melanoma every eight minutes; every hour, someone dies from the disease.
Take a look at the great prizes you can win by reaching different fundraising levels.
You can be part of the next discovery — one that will help people with melanoma live longer, better lives. Register for Miles for Melanoma today!