Did you miss one of our educational programs? Take a look at slides or listen to and watch the presentations below! Note: You will be asked to "register" to view the webinars. This is only to track the number of views each webinar receives.
2015 Symposia, Webinars and Videos
January 31, 2015 - MD Anderson Patient Symposium
- Primary Prevention: A National Call to Action - Dr. Jeff Gershenwald
- Melanoma Prevention, Screening and Diagnosis - Dr. Ana Ciurea
- Targeted Therapy for Melanoma - Dr. Michael Davies
- Immunotherapy for Melanoma - Dr. Patrick Hwu
- Adjuvant Therapy - Dr. Roda Amaria
- Research Biopsies & Translational Research - Dr. Jennifer Wargo
January 14, 2015 - 2014 SMR Update - hosted by Dr. Keith Flaherty of Massachusetts General Cancer Center
View the webinar here!
2014 Symposia, Webinars and Videos
June 11, 2014 - 2014 ASCO Update - hosted by Dr. Lynn Schuchter of Abramson Cancer Center
View the webinar here!
April 26, 2014 - Columbus Patient Symposium - Columbus, OH
April 5, 2014 - Northwest Educational Symposium - Seattle, WA
The recordings can be found here!
View the slideshows here:
March 1-2, 2014 - CURE OM Ocular Melanoma Patient Symposium - Los Angeles, CA
Listen to melanoma experts present the latest on ocular melanoma treatment and research. View the recordings here!
February 8, 2014 - MRF/CCO Navigating Malignant Melanoma - New York City, NY
The slides from this unique symposium, where clinician education and patient education were combined, can be viewed here:
- Morning slides from Dr. Antoni Ribas coming soon
- Mid-Morning slides from Katherine Rosenthal
- Afternoon slides from Dr. Jeffrey Weber
2013 Symposia, Webinars and Videos
November 5, 2013 - The MRF spoke with Dr. Howard Kaufman (Director, Rush University Cancer Center), Dr. Michael Atkins (Deputy Director, Georgetown-Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center) and Dr. John Kirkwood (Director of the Melanoma and Skin Cancer Program at the University of Pittsburgh) about guidelines released by the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) for the immunotherapy treatment of melanoma patients.
October 17, 2013 - Caring for the Caregiver hosted by Gregory D. Garber, MSW, LCSW, CCM
September 19, 2013 - Nutrition and Melanoma hosted by Kim Jordan, MHA, RDN, CNSD
July 9, 2013 - Ocular Melanoma Survivorship hosted by Arewa A Banjoko, MSW, LCSW, Susan E. Walther, MS, CGC, and Lisa Kessler, MS, CGC
June 13, 2013 - 2013 Post-ASCO Teleconference hosted by Dr. Lynn Schuchter and Dr. Leslie Fecher
May 9, 2013 - Ocular Melanoma Liver Directed Therapies hosted by Dr. Charlie Nutting, Dr. Carin Gonsalves and Dr. David Eschelman
February 11, 2013 - The MRF hosted three of the nation's top melanoma experts to discuss the latest in advanced melanoma treatment options. The panelists answered questions submitted by patients and their caregivers in advance of and during the discussion. Experts included:
- Lynn M. Schuchter, M.D., Chief, Hematology Oncology, University of Pennsylvania Department of Medicine
- Michael B. Atkins, M.D., Deputy Director, Georgetown-Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Anna C. Pavlick, D.O., Co-Director, New York University Langone Medical Center Melanoma Program
2012 Symposia, Webinars and Videos
Survivors Reflect on the Journey
This video guide on melanoma treatment is provided by Penn Medicine and features melanoma experts from the Abramson Cancer Center.
Patient Evaluation and Treatment of Early Stage Melanoma
Follow-up Care and Additional Treatment after Surgery
Treatment Options for Metastatic Melanoma