Did you miss one of our in-person educational events? Take a look at slides or listen to and watch the presentations below!
2014 Northwest Educational Symposium - April 5, 2014 - Seattle, WA
The slides and recordings from the symposium will be posted soon!
MRF/CCO Navigating Malignant Melanoma - February 8, 2014 - New York City, NY
The slides from this unique symposium, where clinician education and patient education were combined, can be viewed here:
- Morning slides from Dr. Antoni Ribas coming soon
- Mid-Morning slides from Katherine Rosenthal
- Afternoon slides from Dr. Jeffrey Weber
Educational Webinars & Teleconferences
Did you miss a webinar or teleconference or would you like to watch it again? View all of our past educational programs here!
- Caring for the Caregiver - October 17, 2013 - hosted by Gregory D. Garber, MWS, LCSW, CCM
- Nutrition and Melanoma - September 19, 2013 - hosted by Kim Jordan, MHA, RDN, CNSD
- Ocular Melanoma Survivorship - July 9, 2013 - hosted by Arewa A Banjoko, MSW, LCSW, Susan E. Walther, MS, CGC, and Lisa Kessler, MS, CGC
- 2013 Post-ASCO Teleconference - June 13, 2013 - hosted by Dr. Lynn Schuchter and Dr. Leslie Fecher
- Ocular Melanoma Liver Directed Therapies - May 9, 2013 - hosted by Dr. Charlie Nutting, Dr. Carin Gonsalves and Dr. David Eschelman
The MRF spoke with Dr. Howard Kaufman (Director, Rush University Cancer Center), Dr. Michael Atkins (Deputy Director, Georgetown-Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center) and Dr. John Kirkwood (Director of the Melanoma and Skin Cancer Program at the University of Pittsburgh) about guidelines released by the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) for the immunotherapy treatment of melanoma patients.
On February 11, 2013, the MRF hosted three of the nation's top melanoma experts to discuss the latest in advanced melanoma treatment options. The panelists answered questions submitted by patients and their caregivers in advance of and during the discussion. Experts included:
- Lynn M. Schuchter, M.D., Chief, Hematology Oncology, University of Pennsylvania Department of Medicine
- Michael B. Atkins, M.D., Deputy Director, Georgetown-Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Anna C. Pavlick, D.O., Co-Director, New York University Langone Medical Center Melanoma Program
This video guide on melanoma treatment is provided by Penn Medicine and features melanoma experts from the Abramson Cancer Center.
Survivors Reflect on the Journey
Patient Evaluation and Treatment of Early Stage Melanoma
Follow-up Care and Additional Treatment after Surgery
Treatment Options for Metastatic Melanoma
Educational Programs at the MRF
The MRF is dedicated to educating patients, caregivers and physicians about the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of melanoma. We do this through a robust educational program which includes in-person symposia, virtual webinars and teleconferences, hard copy educational materials, and much more! Below are recordings from these events. To learn more about our educational program, click here.