Educational Webinars & Teleconferences
Did you miss a webinar or teleconference or would you like to watch it again? View all of our past educational programs here!
- Caring for the Caregiver - October 17, 2013 - hosted by Gregory D. Garber, MWS, LCSW, CCM
- Nutrition and Melanoma - September 19, 2013 - hosted by Kim Jordan, MHA, RDN, CNSD
- Ocular Melanoma Survivorship - July 9, 2013 - hosted by Arewa A Banjoko, MSW, LCSW, Susan E. Walther, MS, CGC, and Lisa Kessler, MS, CGC
- 2013 Post-ASCO Teleconference - June 13, 2013 - hosted by Dr. Lynn Schuchter and Dr. Leslie Fecher
- Ocular Melanoma Liver Directed Therapies - May 9, 2013 - hosted by Dr. Charlie Nutting, Dr. Carin Gonsalves and Dr. David Eschelman
The MRF spoke with Dr. Howard Kaufman (Director, Rush University Cancer Center), Dr. Michael Atkins (Deputy Director, Georgetown-Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center) and Dr. John Kirkwood (Director of the Melanoma and Skin Cancer Program at the University of Pittsburgh) about guidelines released by the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) for the immunotherapy treatment of melanoma patients.
On February 11, 2013, the MRF hosted three of the nation's top melanoma experts to discuss the latest in advanced melanoma treatment options. The panelists answered questions submitted by patients and their caregivers in advance of and during the discussion. Experts included:
- Lynn M. Schuchter, M.D., Chief, Hematology Oncology, University of Pennsylvania Department of Medicine
- Michael B. Atkins, M.D., Deputy Director, Georgetown-Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Anna C. Pavlick, D.O., Co-Director, New York University Langone Medical Center Melanoma Program
This video guide on melanoma treatment is provided by Penn Medicine and features melanoma experts from the Abramson Cancer Center.
Survivors Reflect on the Journey
Patient Evaluation and Treatment of Early Stage Melanoma
Follow-up Care and Additional Treatment after Surgery
Treatment Options for Metastatic Melanoma