MRF volunteers are critical to our success! You can get involved in a variety of different ways:
- Special Events Support: Get involved with an existing MRF event! Each year, our dedicated volunteers organize dinners, walks and runs to benefit the MRF. These events always need help. Check out our event calendar to find out what’s going on in your area. If there isn’t an event in your area, consider starting one! Contact Jena Dickman, Miles for Melanoma Event Coordinator, at MilesForMelanoma@melanoma.org.
- Community Outreach: Join our team of volunteers who raise awareness by distributing MRF materials to doctors' offices, and health fairs in their local community. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Advocacy: Become an advocate for the melanoma community. We need volunteers to help us push our legislative goals by meeting with their members or Congress, or writing letters of support (or opposition) of anti-tanning bills, etc. Once a year, we host a Lobbying Day on the Hill, but there are things to be done all year-long, right in your own community. Send an email to email@example.com to request the new MRF Advocacy Toolkit.
- Peer-to-Peer Phone Buddy: The MRF Phone Buddy program matches newly diagnosed patients and caregivers with a volunteer who has "been there." Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how you can get involved.
- Office Volunteers: Do you have daytime availability? Join us at our national headquarters (Washington, D.C.) to assist with office support.
- Share Your Story: As part of our effort to raise awareness of melanoma, the MRF frequently speaks with members of the media. If you are interested in sharing your story about your personal experience with melanoma email email@example.com.