Posted By
9/11/2017 5:14pm
View other posts by
Replies: 7


This is by far the most hopeful news I have seen this past year. This is a game changer for BRAF mutants AND for all of Stage 3 melanoma patients!

I hope all countries change their melanoma oncology practices ASAP!

Personally, I am not holding my breath for us Canadians. I will nonetheless try my luck with my oncologist, even if I am a year out in the clear (but still waiting confirmation on PET/CT next month...). And despite how pharmaceuticals companies design their clinical trials with the 12 week post operative period, I will try to get this one way or another.


Good luck Sole, if you use Ipi/Nivo for stage 4 as an example in Canada you might be waiting 2 or 3 years for approval but not $$$ paid for!!!! Clinical trials are still the best way to get access in Canada from my experience. Best Wishes!!!Ed 

I wish I could get into ANY trial Ed. Unfortunately, my low genetic platelet condition prevents me from being able to!

This may actually be the reason we've heard of patients getting even higher prices for Ipilimumab recently. If Nivo fully replaces Ipi then Bristol Myers will probably try to get as much as they can for the short remaining lifetime of Ipi.

2018 is a new year!

Even though both drugs are from Bristol Myers.

2018 is a new year!

I am a patient on this study. I believe I was given NIVO. Still going strong 2 years NED stage 3B.


Still on Nivo? I guess not. You got a full year of it, right?

I have been done just about one year now. Yes I had 34 infusions.