Pediatric Melanoma Resources
Annual Pediatric Melanoma Summit
The 2017 Pediatric Melanoma Summit will be held September 8-10, 2017 in Colorado Springs, CO. Start making your plans to attend now!
The 2016 Pediatric Melanoma Summit was held on September 16-18, 2016 in Concord, NC! The following presentation and resource are available:
- Healthy Snacking Handout, Fruit of the Spirit Nutrition and Wellness, LLC
- How Diet Affects Cancer Treatment, Fruit of the Spirit Nutrition and Wellness, LLC
The 2015 Pediatric Melanoma Summit was held on September 25-27, 2015 in Grapevine, TX! Photos from the summit can be viewed on our Facebook page! The following presentations are also available:
- Sunscreen & Sun Safety in Schools, presented by Sharron McKenna
- Diagnosing Pediatric Melanoma presented by Whitney High, MD, JD, MEng
- Pathology Reports and What the Future Holds, presented by Vernon Sondak, MD
The MRF's Inaugural Pediatric Melanoma Summit was held on September 13-14, 2014 in Grapevine, TX. The following slides are available:
- Pediatric Melanoma Treatment and Clinical Trials, presented by Cynthia Herzog, MD
Each year, the MRF's Volunteers and Advocates storm Capitol Hill. Learn how to join us!
Online and Print Resources
Do you think your child has melanoma or has your child recently been diagnosed? These resources may help you during this time:
Note: this list is not a doctor or treatment center recommendation list - only a list of treatment centers that have experience treating pediatric melanoma.
Support for Siblings
A melanoma diagnosis can be difficult for everyone, but siblings of patients are put in a very difficult situation. They can feel scared, overwhelmed, alone and unimportant. Here are some resources from SuperSibs!, now powered through Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, for siblings who are 4-7 years, 8-12 years and teens, as well as a place for siblings to share their stories.
Additional Support Organizations
Share your child's story with others on the MRF website
If you have additional resources you think would be helpful for others, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.