FREE Melanoma Educational Materials
The MRF offers a variety of free resources for your melanoma educational, fundraising and awareness efforts. Below are the educational materials we have to offer at this time. To order our free materials, submit your request here! Please allow approximately 2 weeks for your order to be packaged and shipped. Please feel free to print these items on your own as well!
General Awareness Materials
- Bookmark: A general education and awareness handout appropriate for most ages. Great to hand out at schools, health fairs, 5k races, etc.
- "Who is the Most Likely to Spot YOUR Melanoma?" (AKA the 'mirror' piece): A general education and awareness brochure appropriate for most ages. Great to hand out at schools, health fairs, 5k races, etc.
- Sunscreen: What Do I Need to Know?: A 5x7" postcard that answers six commonly asked questions regarding sunscreen, sunscreen safety and SPF.
- Truth about Tanning postcard: A 5x7" postcard that answers some common myths of tanning, tanning beds and melanoma statistics. The back side is a small version of the Take a Stand, Don't Tan poster.
- Kids' Coloring Book: This fun coloring book helps kids learn the importance of sun safety. Feel free to print your favorite pages from the book as often as you'd like!
- Parent's Guide to Prevention poster: This eye-catching poster gives parents helpful information and tips on how to reduce the risk of melanoma in children.
- 5 Facts About Tanning and Sun Safety poster: A large, 2x3' poster on sun safety and melanoma prevention. Great, large poster to hang up in school hallways, nurse's offices, classrooms, health fair booths, etc. (The poster can also be printed at home as a handout.)
- Take a Stand, Don't Tan! poster: A large, 2x3' poster promoting the MRF's Take a Stand, Don't Tan campaign. Great, large poster to hang up in school hallways, nurse's offices, classrooms, health fair booths, etc. Designed to be used with the pledge sheet below. (The poster can also be printed at home as a handout.)
- Get Involved insert: A front and back detailed insert on ways to get involved with the MRF and engage with the melanoma community. Great for fundraising and awareness events where individuals may be interested in becoming a MRF volunteer and advocate.
Patient & Caregiver Materials
- Just Diagnosed...Now What?: An educational piece for newly diagnosed patients. Perfect for dermatology and oncology offices that diagnose melanoma.
- Caregiver Support Guide: A 20-page booklet on how to take care of yourself while also taking care of your loved one. Helpful for anyone stepping into a caregiver role for someone with melanoma. A special thanks goes out to the many MPIP members and other caregivers who helped us develop this guide.
To save on costs, the MRF does not professionally print the materials below. Please print and use them as needed!
- It's a Fact Sheet: A general education and awareness handout appropriate for most ages. Perfect for schools, health fairs, 5k races, etc.
- Ocular Melanoma Fact Sheet: A general education and awareness handout specific to ocular melanoma.
- GetNaked and Check Your Skin: A guide on how to perform monthly self-skin exams, designed to look like the MRF's #GetNaked early detection awareness campaign.
- Guide to Self-Screening: A guide on how to perform monthly self-skin exams.
- ABCDEs of Melanoma: Learn the ABCDEs of melanoma - the characteristics that most dermatologists use to help identify melanomas. Perfect for schools and doctor's offices.
- MaryAnn PSA: This PSA was used in New York's Times Square as an awareness campaign. It can be printed in several different sizes. Great for schools and health fairs.
- Take a Stand, Don't Tan! pledge sheet: The MRF's Take a Stand, Don't Tan! Pledge can be taken using this form, or it can be done online. This form is designed to accompany both of the posters above and can be distributed as part of a classroom or school effort to increase awareness around the dangers of tanning, tanning beds and melanoma. Great for upcoming events like spring break and prom.