MRF volunteers are critical to our success! You can get involved in a variety of different ways:
- Special Events Support: Get involved with an existing MRF event! Each year, our dedicated volunteers organize dinners, walks and runs to benefit the MRF. These events always need help. Check out our event calendar to find out what’s going on in your area. If there isn’t an event in your area, consider starting one! Contact Jena Dickman, Miles for Melanoma Event Coordinator, at MilesForMelanoma@melanoma.org.
- Certified Melanoma Educators (CME): Join our team of volunteers who raise awareness by educating members of their community and distributing MRF's materials to doctors' offices and health fairs. NOTE: This volunteer opportunity requires a passing grade on an online test. Sign up HERE.
- Advocacy: Become an advocate for the melanoma community. We need volunteers to help us push our legislative goals by meeting with their members or Congress, or writing letters of support (or opposition) of anti-tanning bills, etc. Once a year, we host a Lobbying Day on the Hill, but there are things to be done all year-long, right in your own community. Sign up HERE to become a Melanoma Messenger.
- Peer-to-Peer Phone Buddy: The MRF Phone Buddy program matches newly diagnosed patients and caregivers with a volunteer who has "been there." Apply for this unique volunteer opportunity HERE.
- Pediatric Pals: Has your family been touched by pediatric melanoma? This volunteer program matches patients (and families) with peers who also need support. Apply for this volunteer opportunity HERE.
- Share Your Story: As part of our effort to raise awareness of melanoma, the MRF frequently speaks with members of the media. If you are interested in sharing your story about your personal experience with melanoma, please complete this questionnaire (responses are kept private and not released publically) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special Projects (remote opportunities): None currently